Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Di Maria: Manchester United move not financially motivated

The Argentina international was slammed by Carlo Ancelotti after leaving Real Madrid but the winger insists he did not move to Old Trafford purely for the money

Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria has dismissed suggestions that his move to Old Trafford was motivated by money.

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti slammed the Argentina international after he made his British record £59.1 million move to United, claiming that he "demanded a lot of money and preferred to leave in order to earn more elsewhere."

But Di Maria, who has made a breathtaking start to life in the Premier League with three goals in six games under manager Louis van Gaal, insists he "truly wanted to move to United" due to his love of the club's iconic number seven shirt.

"I have these amazing feelings about having moved to Man United," Di Maria told The Mirror.

"I'm so proud of myself, you know. It's hard to explain it and put it in words. I wanted to wear this shirt.

"And it is so nice for me to wear the number seven shirt. It was worn by some of the greatest players in the club's history and I do know that it is a huge thing for all Man United fans.

"I think people here are happy with me. So I must honour this shirt. I must confess that I had all these expectations - but Man United have exceeded my expectations. It has all been perfect for me so far."

0 comments:

Post a Comment