Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Manchester United took a gamble on me - Falcao

The Colombian is thankful for the faith shown in him and hopes to stay at Old Trafford following a year that saw him suffer a serious knee injury and miss the World Cup

The Colombian has previously insisted that he wants to stay at Old Trafford and emphasised that desire again as he discussed his move to the Premier League.


Speaking to Onda Cero, Falcao expressed his relief at joining Louis van Gaal's team after a difficult year that ended in him missing the World Cup because of a serious knee injury.

He said: "Manchester United were the ones that gambled on me when it was very difficult to do so. It has been a very difficult year, not just in my professional career.

"What happened at the start of the year [serious knee injury] affected me in every way, but it has also helped me grow as a human being, to think about many things, to mature."

United signed Falcao on a season-long loan deal from Monaco with rumours suggesting there is an option to buy, something the 28-year-old hopes comes to fruition.

"In terms of my thoughts and plans for the future, I want to stay at Manchester United for the coming years," he added.

"I'm still going to need some time to be ok, but I am feeling very comfortable and very good on the pitch, in harmony with myself, with the ball and with football."

Falcao also says he can understand the frustrations of Monaco fans following his exit, and that of James Rodrgiguez to Real Madrid, this summer.

Some supporters expressed their anger with Jorge Mendes, the agent of both Falcao and James, after both men left the Stade Louis II just 12 months after arriving, and the team currently sit 13th in Ligue 1.

"Maybe it's understandable because of the expectations that were generated last season", he added.

"Now they have lowered their spending and kept the foundations. They have changed the policy and now rely more on young players who can get good results.

"I am very thankful to them for the good and bad moments, it all made me grow."

0 comments:

Post a Comment